Strum Finishes Within a Second of Victory at the All-Star Mile
The junior finishes hundredths of a second away from winning the annual event in Portland.
Feb. 8, 2013
PORTLAND, Ore. –- Hundredths of a second. That’s how close LMU junior Weston Strum was from victory at the University of Portland’s All-Star Mile. Strum finished with a time of 4:15.79, only five hundredths of a second behind Portland’s Izaic Yorks’s 4:15.74, which set a new record at the annual event which took place during halftime of the LMU-Portland men’s basketball game.
The race featured runners from Portland’s track & field team, in addition to members of the Bowerman Athletic Club and the Men of Troy.
The Lions’ fell to Portland, 69-60, in the men’s basketball game.
Strum travels to Seattle, Wash. for the University of Washington’s Husky Classic this Saturday, Feb. 9. Strum will compete in the 3000m. The meet’s Saturday schedule will begin at 8:00 a.m.
- GO LIONS –
Half-Time Mile Results
1. Izaic Yorks (Unattached); 4:15.74
2. Weston Strum (LMU); 4:15.79
3. Alex Dillard (Unattached); 4:15.86
4. Alex Bowns (Unattached); 4:16.43
5. John Carley (Men of Troy); 4:18.05
6. Jordan Welling (Bowerman AC); 4:19.03
7. Arhlen Bauman (Bowerman AC); 4:19.26
8. Jesse McChesney (Bowerman AC); 4:22.53
9. Cody Barton (Portland); 4:25.92
10. Ben Forsee (Unattached); 4:27.04
11. Oscar Bauman (Bowerman AC); 4:28.44
12. David Garcia (Unattached); 4:29.41
13. Andy Holstrom (Unattached); 4:33.61
14. Nick Schindler (Unattached); 4:40.20
15. Adam Waldum (Unattached); 4:40.84