Men Suffer First Loss
LMU Men's Tennis lost their first match of the season this morning to no.19 Pepperdine University
Feb. 5, 2011
LOS ANGELES, Calif. - The LMU Men's Tennis team got their first loss of the season this morning against no.20 Pepperdine University. The Lions who were coming off a three match-winning streak were unable to hold off the Waves dropping the match overall 7-0. The men will be looking to bounce back from this conference loss with a win tomorrow against no. 55 Santa Clara.
In doubles the Lions kept a similar line up pairing Bustamante/Wilton on court one who were able to get four sets against no.35 nationally ranked Clarke/Tearney. Gottshall and Zapala paired up again on court two while Aussies Simko and Price took on Moss/Keplar on court three.
The Lions tried to come back after dropping the doubles point but were unable to get a win against the top ranked waves. The young team faced three nationally ranked players in singles and will be challenged again tomorrow against Santa Clara University for their third match in three days. The Lions will play tomorrow afternoon at 12pm against conference opponents Santa Clara at the LMU Tennis Center. The Broncos are ranked 55th nationally so far this season and will be another formidable opponent for the young LMU team.
Feb 05, 2011 at Malibu, Calif.
(Ralphs-Straus Tennis Center)
#20 Pepperdine 7, Loyola Marymount 0
1. #112 Finn Tearney (PEP) def. Aris Andreasian (LMU) 6-4, 6-1
2. #14 Sebastian Fanselow (PEP) def. Sebastian Bustamante (LMU) 6-1, 6-3
3. #40 Alex Llompart (PEP) def. Nicholas Bjerke (LMU) 6-2, 6-2
4. Mousheg Hovhannisyan (PEP) def. Alex Wilton (LMU) 6-2, 6-3
5. Hugh Clarke (PEP) def. Tom Price (LMU) 6-1, 6-2
6. Alejandro Moreno (PEP) def. Daniel Simko (LMU) 6-4, 6-3
1. #35 Hugh Clarke/Finn Tearney (PEP) def. Alex Wilton/Sebastian Bustamante (LMU) 8-4
2. Alex Llompart/Alfredo Moreno (PEP) def. Tyler Gottshall/Jack Zapala (LMU) 8-3
3. Daniel Moss/Stuart Keplar (PEP) def. Daniel Simko/Tom Price (LMU) 8-2
Loyola Marymount 3-1
Pepperdine 4-1; National ranking #19
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (5,4,2,3,1,6)
M. Tennis - 8/31/2017
Men's Tennis Spreads Game to Local Youth
M. Tennis - 7/31/2017
The 2nd Annual BeerFest Was a Hit
M. Tennis - 7/27/2017
Kaiser, Juan Named ITA Scholar-Athletes
M. Tennis - 7/27/2017
WCC Announces 2017-18 Commissioner’s Honor Roll
M. Tennis - 6/1/2017
LMU Announces Partnership with adidas
M. Tennis - 5/6/2017
Commencement LMU 2017 Honors