Men’s Tennis Takes Doubles, Falls to UNLV
Diaz Friere wins points in both singles and doubles
LOS ANGELES – The Loyola Marymount men’s tennis team took the doubles point, but was unable to top UNLV Thursday at the LMU Tennis Center.
The Lions jumped ahead early, thanks to a 6-1 victory on the Number 1 singles court by Nick Borchenko and Max Kaiser. One court over, Gabriel Diaz Friere and Lukas Moenter broke through and tight matchup, eventually claiming the 7-6 (4-0) win on tiebreaker.
LMU’s lone singles point also came from Diaz Freire. The first-year lion topped Evaldo Neto on Court 4 for the 3-6, 6-4, 7-5 win.
- Jakob Amilon (UNLVM) def. Nick Borchenko (LMU) 6-4, 6-2
- Alexandr Cozbinov (UNLVM) def. Max Kaiser (LMU) 6-1, 5-7, 6-2
- Ruben Alberts (UNLVM) def. Lukas Moenter (LMU) 3-6, 6-3, 6-0
- Gabriel Diaz Freire (LMU) def. Evaldo Neto (UNLVM) 3-6, 6-4, 7-5
- Courtney Lock (UNLVM) def. Luke Bohuslav (LMU) 6-3, 6-7, 6-4
- Richard Solberg (UNLVM) def. Alex Bourgeois (LMU) 6-1, 6-4
- Nick Borchenko/Max Kaiser (LMU) def. Jakob Amilon/Evaldo Neto (UNLVM) 6-1
- Gabriel Diaz Freire/Lukas Moenter (LMU) def. Courtney Lock/Ruben Alberts (UNLVM) 7-6 (4-0)
- Richard Solberg/Adam Gage-Brown (UNLVM) def. Ryan Brown/Luke Bohuslav (LMU) 6-5
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2); Singles (1,6,3,4,2,5)
M. Tennis - 3/25/2017
Saint Mary’s Completes Comeback over Men’s...
M. Tennis - 3/23/2017
Men’s Tennis Hits Heart of WCC Schedule
M. Tennis - 3/18/2017
Men’s Tennis Close Non-Conference Play Against Utah
M. Tennis - 3/15/2017
Men’s Tennis Drops Tight One to Lamar
M. Tennis - 3/14/2017
Men’s Tennis Back in Action Wednesday, Saturday
M. Tennis - 3/9/2017
Lions Split on Thursday, Top Georgetown