Heartbreak Continues at #48 Pepperdine
LMU lost its third consecutive 4-3 decision on Saturday afternoon.
The LMU men's tennis team (2-5, 0-1 WCC) dropped its third straight 4-3 decision on Saturday afternoon, this time falling on the road at #48 Pepperdine (5-3, 1-0 WCC) to open WCC play. The Lions have now fallen 4-3 in four of their five losses.
With the victory, Pepperdine claimed a point in the 2015 PCH Cup standings.
Pepperdine looked to have the match under complete control after winning the doubles point and claiming victories on the first two singles courts to finish. Trailing 3-0, LMU posted victories on the top three courts, leaving the deciding point on court four. The fourth court pit Cristobal Rivera against Pedro Iamachkine. The Wave won the first set 6-4, but Rivera battled back to even with a 6-4 decision of his own in the second. With both teams watching the third and final set, Iamachkine bested Rivera once again by a count of 6-4 to claim the victory.
LMU will return to action on Friday when it returns home to host #37 San Diego at 2 p.m.
1. Errol Smith (LMU) def. Stefan Menichella (PEP) 4-6, 6-4, 7-6 (7-3)
2. Charles Boyce (LMU) def. Guilherme Hadlich (PEP) 7-6, 6-1
3. Felix Van Kann (LMU) def. Rakshay Thakkar (PEP) 6-4, 0-6, 6-2
4. Pedro Iamachkine (PEP) def. Cristobal Rivera (LMU) 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
5. Tom Hill (PEP) def. Joat Farah (LMU) 6-1, 6-4
6. Luca Marquard (PEP) def. Alex Bourgeois (LMU) 6-1, 6-2
1. Guilherme Hadlich/Rakshay Thakkar (PEP) def. Errol Smith/Joat Farah (LMU) 6-4
2. Lautaro Pane/Pedro Iamachkine (PEP) def. Charles Boyce/Cristobal Rivera (LMU) 6-2
3. Othar Kordsachia/Felix Van Kann (LMU) def. Tom Hill/Stefan Menichella (PEP) 6-1
M. Tennis - 11/12/2017
LMU Finishes LMU Invite Strong
M. Tennis - 11/11/2017
Lions Sweep Pepperdine in Singles
M. Tennis - 11/10/2017
Day One From LMU Invite in Books
M. Tennis - 11/7/2017
Lions Host LMU Invite This Weekend
M. Tennis - 11/2/2017
Prost Reaches Main Draw at SoCal Intercollegiate
M. Tennis - 10/25/2017
61st Annual SoCal Championships Next for LMU