Feb. 28, 2013
SAN DIEGO, Calif. – It was another match, another loss for the Lions Thursday as LMU dropped to 0-8 on the season after a 5-2 loss to Toledo at a neutral site in San Diego.
In the doubles round, all three matches were close but Toledo would prevail to win two of three and take the point. The pair of Todd Volmari and Daniel Simko were the only Lions duo to win in doubles when they finished off a close 9-8 (2) victory.
In singles, the Lions won two matches and took Toledo opponents to three sets in three other matches, but Toledo proved to be too strong in the end. Volmari won 6-2, 6-2 on Court 4 and Sebastian Bustamante won 6-2, 6-3 on Court 5. But Toledo was able to pull off wins on the other four courts, giving them a 5-2 victory.
The Lions were scheduled to play in the La Jolla Doubles tournaments this weekend but were forced to withdraw due to a number of injuries. They will return to action Tuesday when they play Hawaii at home.
- GO LIONS -
1. Stillman/Wong def. Rivera/Bustamante 8-5
2. Volmari/Simko def. Adams/Stuardo 9-8(2)
3. Dudzik/Jorgensen def. Kordsachia/Northcott 8-6
1. Stillman def. Kordsachia 6-2, 6-1
2. Adams def. Bjerke 3-6, 6-1, 6-3
3. Stuardo def. Rivera 1-6, 6-1, 7-5
4. Volmari def. Wong 6-2, 6-2
5. Bustamante def. Weigand 6-2, 6-3
6. Dudzik def. Northcott 6-7, 6-3, 10-7