March 7, 2005
Los Angeles, Calif. - Loyola Marymount men's tennis (2-4, 0-1 WCC) posted its second straight win Monday with a 7-0 shutout of Boston University (0-2). The Lions, in the middle of a six-match homestand, will continue competition Tuesday when the University of Pennsylvania visits the LMU Tennis Center.
After sweeping the doubles point, LMU made quick work of the Terriers in singles. Mike Wojnarowicz dominated Barrett Wolf at the top singles spot, winning 6-3, 6-1.
The Lions dropped a combined total of just three games at the No. 4-6 spots, with Matt Phillips (4), Ashton Politanoff (5), and Mike Chan (6) each taking one set 6-0 and the other 6-1.
LMU continues a week of big home matches, with the University of Pennsylvania visiting the LMU Tennis Center on Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. It will be a good test for the Lions, as Penn is coming off upset wins over No. 72 Utah and 69th-ranked New Mexico.
LMU 7, BU 0 -
1. Wojnarowicz/Phillips (LMU) def. Wolf/Lohr 8-4
2. Berglund/Malet (LMU) def. Kobren/Ganias 8-0
3. Cicenas/Politanoff (LMU) def. Sapra/DeMeo 8-0
1. Mike Wojnarowicz (LMU) def. Barrett Wolf 6-3, 6-1
2. Nico Terrien (LMU) def. Mike Orden 7-6 (4), 6-0
3. Linas Cicenas (LMU) def. Jared Kobren 6-1, 6-3
4. Matt Phillips (LMU) def. Nick Ganias 6-1, 6-0
5. Ashton Politanoff (LMU) def. Ross Lohr 6-0, 6-1
6. Mike Chan (LMU) def. Manuel Bulauitan 6-0, 6-1