Lions Top Richmond 5-2
The LMU men's tennis team got back on track with a win over Richmond at home Thursday.
March 13, 2014
Los Angeles, Calif. -- The LMU men's tennis team got back on track with a 5-2 win over the visiting Richmond Spiders on Thursday at the LMU Tennis Center. This win breaks a three-match skid for the Lions and improves the team to 5-5 on the year. Thursday's match was the opener of a six-match home stand for the Lions, who will play again on Friday and Saturday.
It was the bottom of the lineup that delivered for the men's team on Thursday. In doubles play, LMU was able to clinch the point on Courts 2 and 3, while Court 1 would go unfinished with the Lions in the lead. Due to the injury of Felix Van Kann, David Doehring was paired with Cristobal Rivera on Court 3, where the Lions would earn an 8-0 sweep over the Spiders. On Court 2, it was the senior/freshman pair of Daniel Simko and Luke Bohuslav that clinched the doubles point for the Lions with an 8-3 win.
In singles play, the Lions would fall to Richmond on the top two courts, but wins on Courts 3-6 would secure the team win for LMU. after Bustamante and Rivera got their singles wins for the Lions, the team would have three points. It was the freshman Bohuslav who would clinch the match for the Lions when he won 6-3, 6-3 on Court 6, with Othar Kordsachia adding a win to make the final score 5-2.
The Lions' next match will be Friday at 1:30p.m. when they host the Radford Highlanders.
1. Ethan Dunbar (RICH) def. David Doehring (LMU) 6-1, 6-2
2. Jacob Dunbar (RICH) def. Todd Volmari (LMU) 6-1, 6-4
3. Sebastian Bustamante (LMU) def. Alex Hahn (RICH) 6-3, 6-2
4. Cristobal Rivera (LMU) def. Canyon Teague (RICH) 6-1, 6-0
5. Othar Kordsachia (LMU) def. Jonathon Quenard (RICH) 6-3, 6-1
6. Luke Bohuslav (LMU) def. Stathi Kyriakides (RICH) 6-3, 6-3
1. Sebastian Bustamante/Todd Volmari (LMU) vs. Ethan Dunbar/Jacob Dunbar (RICH) 7-4, unfinished
2. Luke Bohuslav/Daniel Simko (LMU) def. Alex Hahn/Canyon Teague (RICH) 8-3
3. Cristobal Rivera/David Doehring (LMU) def. Jonathon Quenard/Dylan Trent (RICH) 8-0
M. Tennis - 2/20/2018
Lions Earn Highest Ranking in Program History, Host Cal...
M. Tennis - 2/13/2018
Borchenko, Diaz Freire Named Doubles Team of Week
M. Tennis - 2/10/2018
LMU Tops Fresno State, 4-1
M. Tennis - 2/9/2018
Lions Claim Doubles Point, Drop Match at ASU
M. Tennis - 2/5/2018
Lions to Compete Against Arizona State, Fresno State This...
M. Tennis - 2/2/2018
Lions Sweep Two Matches at UNLV