March 14, 2008
Los Angeles, CA - Loyola Marymount men's tennis hosted the Montana State Bobcats Friday at the LMU Tennis Center. LMU (6-5, 1-0 WCC) began the day by winning the doubles point before edging Montana State 4-3. The Lions play again at home on Saturday at 11:00 a.m. against WCC foe Gonzaga.
LMU took the doubles point with Renzo Maggi and Ivan Lopez defeating Fletcher Keyes and Pawel Turzanski at No. 2, 8-3, and Johan Berhof and Nick Von Der Ahe beating David Kovas and Myles Perkins at the No. 3 slot, 8-4. Jacek Twarowski and Sam Tadevosian lost on court one to Jakub Dybala and Kyle McDonald, 8-2.
In singles action, the Lions recorded wins on courts two, five and six with Lopez winning on court two against Turzanski (6-3, 6-3), Berhof beating Hauck and Nikolic taking his match against Esteban Ferrero (6-4, 6-3).
In other singles, Twarowski lost to McDonald in three sets (6-2, 5-7, 7-6), Tadevosian fell at the No. 3 position to Dybala (6-4, 6-1) and Maggi lost his match on court four to Keyes (6-4, 6-3).
LMU will play again on Saturday March 15 at the LMU Tennis Center against WCC rival Gonzaga at 11:00 a.m.
1. Jakub Dybala/Kyle McDonald (MSU) def. Jacek Twarowski/Sam Tadevosian (LMU) 8-2
2. Renzo Maggi/Ivan Lopez (LMU) def. Fletcher Keyes/Pawel Turzanski (MSU) 8-3
3. Johan Berhof/Nick Von Der Ahe (LMU) 8-4 def. Myles Perkins/David Kovas (MSU) 8-4
Order of finish: 2, 1, 3
1. Kyle McDonald (MSU) def. Jacek Twarowski (LMU) 6-2, 5-7, 7-6
2. Ivan Lopez (LMU) def. Pawel Turzanski (MSU) 6-3, 6-3
3. Jakub Dybala (MSU) def. Sam Tadevosian (LMU) 6-4, 6-1
4. Fletcher Keyes (MSU) def. Renzo Maggi (LMU) 6-4, 6-3
5. Johan Berhof (LMU) def. Justin Hauck (MSU) 6-2, 6-4
6. Stefan Nikolic (LMU) def. Esteban Ferrero (MSU) 6-4, 6-3
Order of finish: 3, 6, 2, 5, 4, 1