Lions Drop Tough 4-3 Decision to Dartmouth
LMU battled the Big Green Wednesday, but could not hold on for the victory.
March 19, 2008
Los Angeles, CA - A contest between Dartmouth and Loyola Marymount University came down to the very last singles match, as the Big Green edged the Lions 4-3 Wednesday at the LMU Tennis Center. The Lions are now 7-6 on the season, as the Big Green improve to 6-5.
Dartmouth took the doubles point with Mark Brodie and Jeffrey Schectman defeating Sam Tadevosian and Jacek Twarowski at No. 1, 8-6, and David Fink and Curtis Roby beating Johan Berhof and Nick Von Der Ahe at the No. 3 slot, 8-1. Renzo Maggi and Ivan Lopez won their match on court two, defeating Ari Gayer and Daniel Freeman, 8-4.
In singles action, the deciding match point came down to the outcome on court six where Nikolic faced Dartmouth's Jeffrey Schectman. Nikolic put up an impressive fight, but ultimately could not hold on, falling 3-6, 6-2, 6-1 to Schectman.
In other singles play, Mark Brodie defeated Twarowski at the No. 1 spot (6-4, 6-4), Lopez won his match on court two, defeating Daniel Freeman (6-4, 6-2) and Tadevosian was victorious at No. 3 singles, beating Justin Tzou (6-1, 6-3).
Maggi won his match on court four, beating Ari Gayer (6-3, 6-3), and Berhof lost his match to Curtis Roby in straight sets at No. 5 singles (6-3, 6-2).
The Lions play again tomorrow, March 20 against 64th-ranked Princeton at the LMU Tennis Center at 1:30 p.m.
1. Mark Brodie/Jeffrey Schectman (Dart) def. Jacek Twarowski/Sam Tadevosian (LMU) 8-6
2. Renzo Maggi/Ivan Lopez (LMU) def. Ari Gayer/Daniel Freeman (Dart) 8-4
3. David Fink/Curtis Roby (Dart) def. Johan Berhof/Nick Von Der Ahe (LMU) 8-1
Order of finish: 2, 3, 1
1. Mark Brodie (Dart) def. Jacek Twarowski (LMU) 6-4, 6-4
2. Ivan Lopez (LMU) def. Daniel Freeman (Dart) 6-4, 6-2
3. Sam Tadevosian (LMU) def. Justin Tzou (Dart) 6-1, 6-3
4. Renzo Maggi (LMU) def. Ari Gayer (Dart) 6-3, 6-3
5. Curtis Roby (Dart) def. Johan Berhof (LMU) 6-3, 6-2
6. Jeffrey Schectman (Dart) def. Stefan Nikolic (LMU) 6-3, 2-6, 6-1
Order of finish: 3, 2, 1, 4, 5, 6
M. Tennis - 1/17/2018
Men’s Tennis Favored to Finish Fifth in WCC...
M. Tennis - 1/16/2018
LMU Men's Tennis is Ready for the Season
M. Tennis - 1/9/2018
Student-Athletes to be Recognized at Thursday’s...
M. Tennis - 11/12/2017
LMU Finishes LMU Invite Strong
M. Tennis - 11/11/2017
Lions Sweep Pepperdine in Singles
M. Tennis - 11/10/2017
Day One From LMU Invite in Books