Lions' Fourth Straight is a Sweep
Men's tennis defeats UC Riverside 7-0 for fourth straight win.
April 13, 2004
Los Angeles, Calif. - Loyola Marymount men's tennis used a 7-0 win over UC Riverside Tuesday afternoon at the Home Depot Center to move to 11-7 overall. The Lions have now won eight of their last 10 matches, including four straight.
The Lions swept all three doubles matches by identical 8-3 scores to take a quick 1-0 lead over the Highlanders.
The pattern continued, as the Lions won matches at positions two through six in straight sets. The one contested match came at the No. 1 singles spot, as freshman Linas Cicenas won a hard-fought match over UCR's Norman Tam 6-2, 4-6, 13-11 to close out the final match and the sweep.
Next up for the Lions is a weekend trip to Boise, Idaho, where they will take on Idaho, Boise State, and WCC opponent Portland Friday through Sunday. The match-up with Portland will be crucial in the last-minute battle for seedings heading into the WCC Championships April 23-25.
LMU 7, UC RIVERSIDE 0
1. Linas Cicenas def. Norman Tam 6-2, 4-6, 13-11
2. Nico Terrien def. Brent Davis 6-1, 6-1
3. Mike Wojnarowicz def. Jordan Leo 6-1, 6-3
4. Matt Phillips def. Jeremy Owens 6-2, 6-4
5. Ashton Politanoff def. Justin Betvar 6-0, 6-1
6. Michael Thomsen def. Caesar Regaliza 6-3, 6-1
1. Wojnarowicz/Phillips def. Davis/Tam 8-3
2. Terrien/Politanoff def. Leo/Cava 8-3
3. Berglund/Malet def. Regaliza/Owens 8-3
M. Tennis - 10/18/2017
Lions Head to ITA Southwest Regional
M. Tennis - 10/9/2017
Prost Captures Third; Moreno, Nava Take Fifth in UCSB...
M. Tennis - 10/5/2017
UCSB Classic Next for LMU
M. Tennis - 8/31/2017
Men's Tennis Spreads Game to Local Youth
M. Tennis - 7/31/2017
The 2nd Annual BeerFest Was a Hit
M. Tennis - 7/27/2017
Kaiser, Juan Named ITA Scholar-Athletes