Final Series Pits Lions and Tigers
LMU hosts Pacific Thursday and Friday at Smith Field.
The Lions (30-20, 8-4 WCC) will honor their seven-member senior class prior to first pitch on Friday. The 2016 senior class includes Meghan von Behren, Nicole Clouds, Stephanie Crist, Shannon Kent, Stephanie Maciel, Hannah Montalban and Sterling Shuster.
FOLLOW THE LIONS
LMU vs. Pacific - Thursday, May 12 @ 12:00 p.m. - Smith Field
LMU vs. Pacific - Thursday, May 12 @ 2:00 p.m. - Smith Field
LMU vs. Pacific - Friday, May 13 @ 12:00 p.m. - Smith Field
SERIES HISTORY VS PACIFIC
The Lions and Tigers have just nine recorded previous meetings, including six over the last two seasons as rivals in the WCC. The Tigers hold a 3-6 all-time edge, including winning both previous three-game league sets, 2-1. All three contests were close last year in Stockton as the Tigers win 3-2 and 2-1 while the Lions took game three, 4-2.
INSIDE THE LIONS
• LMU is coming off a 2-1 series victory at Saint Mary’s on April 30 and May 1. The Lions won the first two games, 3-1 and 5-1 before dropping the third game, 5-2.
• Alex Finie had three doubles in the Lions’ series against Santa Clara on April 23 and 24, including the 96th of the season for the collection LMU team, which broke the previous team season record of 95, set in 2007. The 2007 squad achieved that mark in 75 games while this 2016 squad hit 96 in their 47th game.
• The Lions bat .308 with five players hitting over .300. They also collectively have 408 hits, 98 doubles, 58 home runs and a .526 slugging percentage. All of those marks are tops in the WCC.
• LMU has ranked among the top of the national list in doubles per game all season long, and once again claims the top spot in games played through May 8. They average 1.96 per game. • LMU is also ranked 57th nationally in team batting average (.308), 20th in home runs per game (1.16) and 20th in slugging percentage (.516).
• Individually, senior outfielder Meghan von Behren leads the WCC with her .432 batting average, 73 hits and 17 stolen bases. She also ranks second in on-base percentage (.462), third in runs scored (39) and third in slugging percentage (.682).
• Also hitting over .300 for LMU are Alicia Brown (.374), Shianne Ybarra (.341), Amanda Dirks (322) ad Stephanie Maciel (.318).
• Alicia Brown leads the WCC with 17 doubles and is tied for third on the team lead with eight home runs to rank fourth in the WCC with a .669 slugging percentage. Brown needs just one more double to match LMU’s single-season record of 18, held by Darcy Pagnini (2008).
• The Lions’ pitching staff holds a combined 3.56 ERA. Junior Rachael Farrington is 13-8 with 12 complete games, three shutouts, one save and a 2.99 ERA. Freshman Hannah Bandimere is 17-10 with 10 complete games, two shutouts, 112 strikeouts and a 3.39 ERA.
• Junior outfielder Amanda Dirks was named WCC Player of the Week on April 11 following her performance against BYU. She hit .400 with three home runs, one double, four runs scored, eight RBI and a 1.4000 slugging percentage.
• Alicia Brown had three doubles in the 5-1, series finale against BYU (Apr. 9), matching the LMU single-game record set by Kristen Slobber in 2007.
• Sophomore Alicia Brown earned her first career WCC Player of the Week honor on March 21. She hit .464 with a .531 on base percentage and 1.036 slugging percentage in nine games that week. She went 13-for-28 at the plate, including four doubles and four home runs. She knocked in seven runs and scored eight times. She also drew four walks and made 13 putouts with 25 assists and zero errors in the field.
• LMU was picked third in the 2016 WCC Preseason Coaches Poll. Alicia Brown, Amanda Dirks and Rachael Farrington were all named to the All-WCC Preseason Team.
Softball - 4/23/2018
Wilson Named WCC Pitcher Of The Week For Second Time This...
Softball - 4/22/2018
LMU Sweeps Santa Clara Following 6-0 Senior Day Victory
Softball - 4/21/2018
Lions Take 2-0 Series Lead Over Santa Clara With Two...
Softball - 4/19/2018
LMU Softball Hosts 'Think Pink' Day This Saturday, Senior...
Softball - 4/18/2018
Spirit Sale Set for Sunday, April 22
Softball - 4/17/2018
Golf Classic Continues to be a Highlight for LMU Athletics