No. 16 Bruins Blank Loyola Marymount, 7-0
UCLA Women?s Tennis Squad Cruises in 2002 Season Opener
Jan. 25, 2002
Los Angeles, CA -? The No. 16 UCLA women?s tennis team had little trouble in its 2002 season opener Friday, cruising to a 7-0 victory over visiting Loyola Marymount at the Los Angeles Tennis Center.
After sweeping all three doubles matches, the Bruins notched six straight-set victories in singles play. Friday was the dual-match debut for freshman sensation Megan Bradley, who defeated LMU?s Andrea Lord, 6-1, 6-2 at No. 1 singles. Fellow freshman Sarah Gregg was also victorious in her first collegiate dual match, downing Angelina Zdorovytska, 7-6(3), 6-3 in the No. 3 slot.
Bruin junior Sara Walker lost just two games in her match, dispatching of Penka Fileva, 6-1, 6-1 at No. 2 singles. Lauren Fisher, Catherine Hawley and Mariko Fritz-Krockow were also victorious Friday.
The Lions return to action Friday, Feb. 1, when they host UC Riverside in a dual meet.
Final Score: No. 16 UCLA 7, Loyola Marymount 0
1. (13) Bradley/Fisher (UCLA) def. Lord/Zdorovytska (LMU) 8-2
2. Gregg/Walker (UCLA) def. Fileva/Pakay (LMU) 8-1
3. Fritz-Krockow/Hawley (UCLA) def. Dinham/Hladik (LMU) 8-5,br>
UCLA Wins Doubles Point
1. (7) Megan Bradley (UCLA) def. Andrea Lord (LMU) 6-1, 6-4
2. (6) Sara Walker (UCLA) def. Penka Fileva (LMU) 6-1, 6-1
3. Sarah Gregg (UCLA) def. Angelina Zdorovytska (LMU) 7-6(3), 6-3
4. (81) Lauren Fisher (UCLA) def. Edit Pakay (LMU) 6-3, 6-4
5. Catherine Hawley (UCLA) def. Georgina Dinham (LMU) 6-2, 6-3
6. Mariko Fritz-Krockow (UCLA) def. Julie Hladik (LMU) 6-4, 6-1
W. Tennis - 10/18/2017
Lions To Compete at ITA Southwest Regional
W. Tennis - 10/9/2017
Romeka Wins Flight D, Juravliova/Tumosa Capture Doubles...
W. Tennis - 10/6/2017
Beach Tennis Fall Tournament on Tap for LMU
W. Tennis - 10/2/2017
Anderson, De Lucas Win Brackets; Miroshnichenko/Voracek...
W. Tennis - 9/22/2017
Miroshnichenko, Voracek Impress at Oracle ITA Masters...
W. Tennis - 9/12/2017
Miroshnichenko Tabbed a Top Newcomer-Freshman