Feb. 18, 2010
Los Angeles, Calif. -
LMU women's tennis fell to the fourth-ranked UCLA women's tennis team 7-0 today at UCLA's home court. LMU was swept by UCLA in doubles play and in all six singles matches at the Los Angeles Tennis Center. With a tough competition schedule, LMU is now 1-4 overall. Up against one of the top five teams in the nation, the Lions were unable to draw out a doubles or singles win against the Bruins.
Next up the lady Lions will be looking to bounce back against conference opponent University of San Diego at 12:00 pm at the LMU Tennis Center.
1. #11 Andrea Remynse/Schnack (UCLA) def. Heckel/Nixon (LMU) 8-0
2. Hickey/Pantic (UCLA) def. Pringle/Valenzuela (LMU) 8-1
3. Montez/Seguso (UCLA) def. LaPorte/Pironkova (LMU) 8-3
1. #5 Yasmin Schnack (UCLA) def. Jasmin Heckel (LMU) 6-2, 6-1
2. #48 Noelle Hickey (UCLA) def. Jane Pringle (LMU) 6-0, 6-2
3. Pamela Montez (UCLA) def. Elisaveta Pironkova (LMU) 6-2, 6-3
4. Maya Johansson (UCLA) def. Melissa Valenzuela (LMU) 6-3, 6-3
5. Nina Pantic (UCLA) def. Estelle LaPorte (LMU) 6-0, 6-1
6. Carling Seguso (UCLA) def. Bliss Nixon (LMU) 6-0, 6-0
UCLA 8-1; National ranking #4
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (2,3,5,1,6,4)
- GO LIONS -