Feb. 19, 2009
Los Angeles, Calif -
In their second match in as many days, LMU Women's Tennis took on the No. 7 UCLA Bruins at Los Angeles Tennis Center. The Lions fought hard but loss to their cross-town rival 6-1. LMU remains winless this year while UCLA moves to 6-2 on the season. The Lions loss all three doubles matches.
Bliss Nixon and Jane Pringle were the closest to capturing a win against a top ranked opponent. Nixon and Pringle feel to UCLA's Joelson and Johansson 8-7(4).
Pringle led the Lions in singles. The junior from South Africa claimed a win at the No. 3 spot. Pringle defeated Carling Seguso 6-2, 4-6, (10-7). 2. After sitting out two matches last week due to illness, Jasmin Heckel made a comeback against the Bruins. Heckel almost captured LMU's second point but fell in extra sets to UCLA's Ashley Joelson 3-6, 6-2, (10-8)
LMU Women's Tennis will take a two-day break before their next match against Louisiana Lafayette. The Lions will host the Ragin' Cajuns this Sunday at LMU Tennis Center. Match time is 10:00 a.m.
1. (6) Andrea Remynse / Yasmin Schnack (UCLA) def. Heckel/Pironkova (LMU) - 8-2
2. Joelson/Johansson (UCLA) def. Bliss Nixon/Pringle (LMU) - 8-7(4)
3. Seguso/Wetmore (UCLA) def. Morgan/Razloznik (LMU) - 8-2
1. (68) Maya Johansson (UCLA) def. Tina Razloznik (LMU) - 6-3, 6-2*
2. Ashley Joelson (UCLA) def. Jasmin Heckel (LMU) - 3-6, 6-2, (10-8)
3. Jane Pringle (LMU) def. Carling Seguso (UCLA) - 6-2, 4-6, (10-7)
4. Stephanie Wetmore (UCLA) def. Shauna Morgan (LMU) - 6-2, 7-5
5. Anna-Viktoria Lind (UCLA) def. Elisaveta Pironkova (LMU) - 6-0, 6-2
6. Jordan Dockendorf (UCLA) def. Estelle LaPorte (LMU) - 6-3, 6-2