April 7, 2012
LOS ANGELES -- The Lions struggled against No. 71 San Diego on Saturday, losing 6-1. LMU (5-13, 2-3 WCC) did not win a set in the match with the ranked Torreros, winning its only point due to retirement.
San Diego (7-8, 4-1 WCC) had the match under control from its outset. The first doubles match to wrap up was on court two where Elisaveta Pironkova and Reka Rohonyi fell to Maja Sujica and Anna Depenau, 8-4. Ashley Anderson and Tory Parravi continued their strong recent play with an 8-6 win over Juliette Coupez and Laura Claus in #1 doubles. The point came down to court three where Stephanie Hoffpauir and Cara Brown defeated Claudia Razzeto and Logan Finnell in a back-and-forth match, 8-5, to win the round for the Torreros.
Singles started with Maja Sujica's 6-0, 6-0 win over Reka Rohonyi on court four. Laura Claus beat Elisaveta Pironkova 6-3, 6-0. Tory Parravi held an early lead in the second set of her match with Juliette Coupez but was unable to make a comeback falling to Coupez 6-1, 6-4, in #1 singles. Ana Lucia Fuentes fell to Marite Raygada 6-0, 6-3. Maja Sujica defeated Ashley Anderson 6-1, 6-0. In the final contest, Claudia Razzeto won her match with Stephanie Hoffpauir by retirement. Hoffpauir won the first set 7-6.
The Lions head out on the road next weekend as they face Gonzaga, Friday, Apr, 13 at 11:00 a.m. and Portland, Saturday, Apr. 14 at noon.
1. Juliette Coupez (USD) def. Tory Parravi (LMU) 6-1, 6-4
2. Claudia Razzeto (LMU) def. Stephanie Hoffpauir (USD) 6-7, retired
3. Laura Claus (USD) def. Elisaveta Pironkova (LMU) 6-3, 6-0
4. Anna Depenau (USD) def. Reka Rohonyi (LMU) 6-0, 6-0
5. Maja Sujica (USD) def. Ashley Anderson (LMU) 6-1, 6-0
6. Marite Raygada (USD) def. Ana Lucia Fuentes (LMU) 6-0, 6-3
1. Ashley Anderson/Tory Parravi (LMU) def. Juliette Coupez/Laura Claus (USD) 8-6
2. Maja Sujica/Anna Depenau (USD) def. Elisaveta Pironkova/Reka Rohonyi (LMU) 8-4
3. Stephanie Hoffpauir/Cara Brown (USD) def. Claudia Razzeto/Logan Finnell (LMU) 8-5
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (4,3,1,6,5,2)