Lions Drop Regular-Season Finale
In its final regular-season match of the 2013 season, the LMU women's tennis team fell 4-0 at West Coast Conference foe BYU Saturday afternoon.
April 20, 2013
PROVO, Utah - In its final regular-season match of the 2013 season, the LMU women's tennis team fell 4-0 at West Coast Conference foe BYU Saturday afternoon.
The Lions (10-11, 2-6 WCC) and Cougars (10-10, 3-5 WCC) both travel to San Diego next week for the WCC Championships.
The three doubles matches were highly competitive, but the No. 1 BYU duo of Meghan Sheehan-Dizon and Nicholette Tran edged LMU's April Bisharat and Claudia Razzeto, 8-6. In the No. 3 doubles match, Aubrey Paul and Andie Young earned a 9-8 (4) tie-break win over Tory Parravi and Kristine Kouyoumjain to give the Cougars the early 1-0 team lead.
BYU went on to claim victories in the No. 1, No. 3 and No. 4 singles matches. With the 4-0 lead, the final three singles matches were halted as the Cougars had secured the team victory.
1. Sheehan-Dizon/N. Tran (BYU) def. Bisharat/Razzeto (LMU) 8-6
2. Anderson/Maddox (BYU) vs. Jin/Rohonyi (LMU) 8-7 DNF
3. Paul/Young (BYU) def. Parravi/Kouyoumjian (LMU) 9-8(4)
Order of finish: 1, 3
1. Meghan Sheehan-Dizon (BYU) def. April Bisharat (LMU) 6-4, 4-6, 6-1
2. Desiree Tran (BYU) vs. Tory Parravi (LMU) 4-6, 7-6 DNF
3. Nicolette Tran (BYU) def. Claudia Razzeto (LMU) 6-1, 6-2
4. Morgan Anderson (BYU) def. Kristine Kouyoumjian (LMU) 7-6, 6-1
5. Mackenna Maddox (BYU) vs. Miya Jin (LMU) 6-1, 3-2 DNF
6. Aubrey Paul (BYU) vs. Reka Rohonyi (LMU) 5-2 DNF
Order of finish: 3, 4, 1
W. Tennis - 7/31/2017
The 2nd Annual BeerFest Was a Hit
W. Tennis - 7/27/2017
WCC Announces 2017-18 Commissioner’s Honor Roll
W. Tennis - 7/13/2017
Women’s Tennis Adds Left-Handed Russian,...
W. Tennis - 6/23/2017
Incoming Lion Reaches Semifinal at ITF Women's Event in...
W. Tennis - 6/1/2017
LMU Announces Partnership with adidas
W. Tennis - 5/6/2017
Commencement LMU 2017 Honors